For vehicles that are not registered with the jurisdiction in which immediate travel is required, a temporary trip permit is issued in a base jurisdiction in lieu of IRP credentials for those vehicles (only if properly registered with IRP). Carriers must obtain this temporary trip permit for vehicles that travel through other non-registered IRP jurisdiction(IRP Article IV, Section 908)

Ohio offers trip Permits that cost $15.00 and are valid for 72 hours.

You can get trip Permits from the companies that are authorized to sell Ohio single trip fuel permits.

Ohio Business Gateway (OBG) offers single trip permits. Visit to get it.

For more information or questions, visit: or please contact the IRP/DETER Unit at (614) 752-2055, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m