When traveling to a state under which a vehicle is not registered with IRP or IFTA, a temporary permit is necessary. This permit is also necessary for operating vehicles exceeding applicable size and weight limitations.

Trip Permits

A trip permit must be obtained when you are entering a new jurisdiction with a vehicle which is not registered under IRP. It is a temporary permit issued by a member jurisdiction in lieu of IRP credentials for properly registered vehicles.

Fuel Permits

In order to operate in a region where your vehicle does not hold an IFTA decal and license, a temporary fuel permit is required. For a jurisdiction where the license is not properly permitted, you must secure a temporary fuel permit for your vehicle while entering it.

Oversize and Overweight Permits

You must obtain an applicable permit authorizing movement according to vehicle configurations and weight (If a vehicle is oversize or overweight).